As the owner/operator of Plaza Skin Care, I strive to provide current esthetic treatment modalities, results-oriented procedures, value, and customer service.
With an undergraduate degree in Plant Biology, twenty years as a Field Biologist, and a licensed Esthetician since 1997, I am able to integrate a therapeutic, comprehensive, and scientific approach to skin care.
I have worked in a salon, a bustling dermatology practice, and in my own skin care studio. I remain committed to increasing my skills and knowledge base on a regular basis. As such, I have attended hundreds of hours in continuing education, and have earned numerous certifications in esthetics. I attend several industry events each year and read current published literature in order to learn the latest in treatment modalities, product ingredients, and developments in the ever-evolving world of esthetics.
I would like to extend my deepest appreciation to clients who have continued to maintain regular skin care regimens in spite of my sometimes unpredictable, oftentimes limited, availability during 2010 (when I was in nursing school), and since then, as I balanced working in the shop and a full-time nursing job. In May 2019, after 50 years in the workforce, I retired from nursing full-time, but continue to work on an occasional basis. Since then, I have been in the shop more and have been more available.
In January 2012, I was published in the Amercian Edition of Les Nouvelle Esthetique, the premier publication for the esthetics industry in the USA. The article was titled, The Importance of Continuing Education, and emphasized continuing education in professional development - and the role it plays in the ability to realize our full potential and achieve success. As a life-long learner, I fully believe and appreciate that education is an investment in the future.
The Fine Print...
Hygiene is a priority at Plaza Skin Care. Sanitation standards not only meet, but exceed those required by the State of California Department of Barbering and Cosmetology.
- Only OSHA approved, full-spectrum sanitation solutions are utilized to prevent the spread of blood-borne and other pathogens.
- We appreciate the consideration, however gratuities are not accepted.
- We reward clients who are serious about skin care. Check series pricing, pre-book and referral incentives.
- Every effort is made to keep on schedule, therefore, we request that you arrive on time so that you will be able to take full advantage of your appointed time.
- Please allow 24-hours if it is necessary to reschedule facial appointments. Missed appointments may result in charges or forfeiture of Gift Certificates. If it is necessary to cancel or reschedule, please phone (209) 404-8969.
- Services over $100 or 2-hours in length must be secured with a credit card or Gift Certificate.
- Hours: By appointment only.
- Purchased Gift Certificates do not expire and are transferable.
- For donated Gift Certificates, expiration dates will be observed. Additionally, appointments for donated Gift Certificates cannot be rescheduled with less than five days notice, extenuating circumstances excepted. Please plan accordingly.
- We accept checks, cash, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and Discover.